Monday, September 5, 2011

Dreamages

Ponder these questions for a moment.

What would your perfect life look like?
What would you do?
What would you have?
Who would you be?

None of these things have to be even remotely within reach, so don't let a little thing like reality stand in the way of your imagination.

Visualize what it would be like to live this life and then search for some pictures of the things or activities you're imagining. You can cut them out of magazines, find them online, or draw a picture if you're so inclined. We'll call these images your DREAMages. They're kind of like goals in that you would love to achieve them some day, but they may seem unrealistic. Here's a look at one of my dreamages.


























Okay. Okay. Quit your snickering! I don't want to go on a date with him. I just want to have muscles like he has. I'm kind of a twerp, so I'd love to bulk up and go around places flexing and thereby impressing everyone I meet. I'm an ectomorph, so Jared Padalecki's physique may be well out of reach, but that's why it's a dreamage and not a goal. It's purpose is to motivate me to lift weights, and eat right. You see, a picture of what I THINK I can look like isn't very motivating.


2 comments:

  1. Wow the funny thing is that now that i think about it, you are sort of a perfect blending of Jared Padalecki and Woody Allen. Like, really. You are always investigating the paranormal while wringing your hands and making off color jokes about it! CREEPY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think katy makes a good point. Also funny that our dreamages look the exact same, only with different purposes!

    ReplyDelete